Jet2 will increase Summer time 21 capability to a number of locations from Manchester Airport in response to demand
Jet2.com and Jet2holidays right this moment responded to the persevering with enhance in demand for Summer time 21 holidays from Manchester Airport by including extra flights and holidays to the Canary Islands, mainland Spain, Portugal , Greece, Turkey and Cyprus.
The rise in capability implies that hundreds of further seats have been placed on sale right this moment to 12 locations – Tenerife, Lanzarote, Malaga, Faro, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Corfu, Skiathos, Kos, Halkidiki and Paphos – in direct response to demand for holidaymakers in nations and locations which have mentioned they may welcome holidaymakers from the UK this summer time.
The corporate noticed a 1,000% spike in bookings instantly after the Prime Minister introduced a roadmap to exit lockdown, with demand persevering with since then.
On prime of that, knowledge from Jet2holidays exhibits bookings have jumped in response to locations getting ready to welcome holidaymakers from the UK. This consists of bookings in Cyprus which have jumped 200% following the announcement final week by Cyprus’s deputy tourism minister saying vaccinated British holidaymakers will be capable of journey to Cyprus this summer time.
There has additionally been a rise in bookings in Greece, after the Greek Minister of Tourism mentioned guests are welcome if they’ve been vaccinated, have antibodies or have examined adverse for the coronavirus. Ministers from different locations, together with Turkey, Spain and Portugal, additionally commented positively on the reopening to international guests this summer time.
Further flights and holidays on sale from right this moment are as follows:
The Canary Islands:
- Tenerife and Lanzarote – further providers all through the month of October, providing extra selection and suppleness. This implies as much as 19 weekly providers Tenerife in October, and as much as 11 weekly providers Lanzarote in October.
- Malaga – further providers all through the month of October, ie as much as 9 weekly providers all through the month of October.
- Faro – further providers on the finish of September and all through October giving holidaymakers extra decisions to succeed in the Algarve. This implies as much as ten weekly providers for Faro in October.
- Antalya, Bodrum and Dalaman – further providers in September and October imply extra selection and prolonged seasons in response to demand. This implies as much as 17 weekly providers Antalya, and as much as 16 weekly providers Dalaman in October.
- Corfu, Skiathos, Kos and Halkidiki – further providers working to those Greek islands in October. This implies as much as 4 weekly providers for Corfu, as much as six weekly providers Kos and as much as two weekly providers for Halkidiki in October. As well as, the season for Skiathos is prolonged till mid-October, giving prospects extra decisions.
- Paphos – further providers working in September and all through October, i.e. as much as 9 weekly providers all through October.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays mentioned: “The variety of prospects reserving flights and trip packages with us to the Canary Islands, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus tells us that lots of people need nothing greater than s’ escape this summer time. That demand is there and as all the time we’re responding shortly to what our prospects inform us, ensuring to take them from Manchester Airport to their favourite trip. “
“All through the pandemic, now we have achieved completely every little thing to maintain our valued prospects and unbiased companion journey brokers, and now we have all the time mentioned the solar will shine once more for them. We all know our locations are wanting to welcome holidaymakers from the UK, and the UK authorities has proven that there’s a clear ambition to reopen worldwide journey within the coming months. We stay up for extra particulars sooner or later and will probably be able to take our shoppers on their well-deserved trip when the journey reopens. “